10 Basic Car Repairs Everyone Should Know
13 April, 2020
For many of us it is impossible to imagine a life without a car. Cra has become one of our basic necessity in our life. But there are many times when cars fail.. Well don’t worry we have some DIY basic Steps which can help you fix the car without going to a workshop
Changing a flat tyre: car repair garage workshop in dubai – Tyres are one of the most important parts of vehicle as they are directly connected to the roads. And there are many reasons which make your tyre go flat. So there are some basic steps which can help you changing a flat tyre:
- Loosen the lug nuts with a help of a wrench
- Lift the car using a jack.
- Remove the lug nuts and subsequently the tyres.
- Place the spare tire on.
- Wrench the lug nuts back.
- Lower the car.
- Make sure the lug nuts are tight.
Changing oil: As a car owner, you need to check the oil levels of your car on a regular basis because oil ensures that your car engine operates smoothly. Oil change is one of the most fundamental skills you should have to maintain your car in good condition. Basic step to do is :
- Drain the oil by removing oil drain plug,
- Unscrew oil filter and empty it.
- Put the oil filter and drain plug back.
- Remove the oil filter hole cap.
- Pour fresh oil.
Change of Wiper Blades: Windshield wipers are one of the few higly visible but least appreciated part of the car. They are essential for removing heavy rain or snow therefore they need to be in perfect shape and you can easily replace them yourself to increase visibility
Lift the wiper away from windshield.
Press the tab that allows the wiper blade to be pulled off.
Put the new wiper blade and push it tightly.
Change of oil filter: Oil filters protect your engine from dust and other contaminants. . They are inexpensive and quite easy to replace, the steps are:
- Open the hood and locate the air filter unit.
- Open the air filter cover and take the old filter out.
- Insert the new filter and close the box.
Change car battery: Car battery needs to be checked regularly as it keeps your car electronic systems on. Changing car battery is simple
- Remove the covers from the battery.
- Disconnect the negative cables, and move the clamp away from the battery post.
- Disconnect the positive cables and clamp too.
- Remove the screws.
- Replace the old battery with new one.
- Reconnect the cables and clamps.
Jumpstart your Car: Everyone show know how to jumpstart the car, this is just a fundamental skill. It can save a lot of time rather for waiting for roadside assistance. The steps are:
- Put both vehicles in neutral and turn them off.
- Attach one of the red clips to the positive terminal of your battery and the other to the positive terminal of the battery in the other car.
- Attach one of the black clips to the negative terminal of the battery in the other car.
- Attach the other end to an unpainted metal surface.
- Start your vehicle and don’t turn off until you have driven if for a few minutes.
Change of Brake Pads: Brakes need to be in good condition as it is one of the most important elements of your vehicle which ensures your safety while driving. You can change break pads with these DIY steps:
- Loosen the lug nuts and lift the car with help of jack.
- Remove the tyres.
- Remove the slider bolts and the wheels back.
- Remove the old break pads.
- Put the new brake pads on.
- Put the slider bolts to secure break pads and then put tyres back.
- Replacing of Headlight or Taillight: A broken light is not only hazardous but it is illegal too. You need to change them as soon as possible. The process involves:
- Remove the screws connecting the headlight frame to the bracket.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the faulty bulb and replacing it with a new bulb.
- Replacing of spark plugs: Spark plugs are tiny devices that creates spark to ignite the gas and provide power to your vehicle. So if you have trouble starting your car, or your car has ran for 10000 miles it’s time to change spark plugs:
- Find the spark plug.
- Remove spark plug wire.
- Replace the old one with new spark plug
Also Read : Tips To Select A Reliable Car Workshop in Dubai